The Neighborhood Association encourages annual membership by all residents, whether owning or renting in our community. Membership dues are our only source of revenue and support all the activities and programs that the Neighborhood Association runs. The Association’s goals are to enhance and maintain the community’s value, safety, vitality, and appearance, and to promote a sense of community and friendships.
Some of the many benefits and activities the Neighborhood Assoication provides are:
- Social events– the Annual Summer Picnic, two Happy Hours with great food, kids’ events (Summer Ice Cream & Halloween parties) — ALL FREE, no charge.
- Landscaping– entrances and traffic islands
- Security & Deterrence– we maintain a surveillance camera system at all entrances and send alerts on security and crime concerns and happenings
- Oil & Propane Discount Programs – big group-buy savings that virtually pay for your dues!
- Community Entrance Name Signs– In progress to enhance our community!
- Welcome Visits & Gifts for new residents
- Property Value Protection by monitoring development and zoning issues affecting the community — and taking action when needed with County & State!
- Pet Alerts– timely alerts for lost/found pets and other events
- Informative Newsletters– printed and delivered to your mailbox and via email
- Website– maintained for community communications & government services contacts (www.VVVRNA.org)
- Community Services Events, such as Dumpster or Shredding days; rentals being planned for fall or spring clean-up
Please join with all of our neighbors to support the Velvet Valley Neighborhood Association. Its activities are not possible without broad neighborhood membership, and each household is essential. And this is your home, so if you have ideas for making the Neighborhood Association stronger and more effective, we seek your input.
If new residents move in during the year, a pro rata dues reduction will be considered, depending on timing.
Dues may be paid via a secure PayPal link on this page. Please fill out the Membership Enrollment Form below first. IT IS IMPORTANT TO PROVIDE THE NAMES, EMAIL ADDRESSES, HOME AND CELL PHONE NUMBERS FOR ALL ADULTS SO THAT WE CAN COMMUNICATE EVENTS AND NOTICES DURING THE YEAR. Email addresses will remain confidential and are not given, sold or traded to others.
Alternatively, download and fill out the Membership Enrollment Form, and together with a check payable to Velvet Valley/Velvet Ridge Neighborhood Assn., mail to:
Stuart Denrich, Treasurer
Velvet Valley Neighborhood Association
16 Bucksway Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117